Hello Dearest Reader,
I hope you’re keeping well and life has been fair or at least kind. I am told that the celestial situation and our planets are not conducively positioned enough and hence life everywhere is a bit jerky and chaotic. I’m neither a believer nor a naysayer as far as astrology is concerned but I do believe that life is uncertain and unpredictable. Hence each one of us should have a few handy tools to help us navigate it.
I’m a born Hindu, practice Tibetan Buddhism, completely believe in Santa, secret or not and ardent fan of Biriyani rustled up during Eid. I’m a devout nobody and some may label me as opportunist. I treat divinity as part of my daily life. But this blog is not about my spiritual beliefs, it’s about your practices that may help you in your day to day.
If you remember in my last letter I mentioned that my life crumbled like rubbles of a burning tower. Changes and shifts in my tectonic plates of life shook me to my core. Outside things remained routine but internally parts of me died. In Buddhist teachings it’s often mentioned that from the minute we are born we die every moment and celebrate it as life. I was experiencing death in many forms. As a daughter I was coming in terms with my parents aging. In similar capacity, I was accepting that I’d never be enough. I barely recognised my role as a spouse. What started twenty years back and what it has metamorphosed into has no similarities. And as a mother confronting your adult son is as painful as giving him birth the first time. It comes with anxiety, fear, uncertainty and unconditional love. You need to teach yourself the art of unparenting. Suddenly from playing the role of a controller in your child’s life, you become a consultant. Advice to be given only when solicited. The wheel of change was on the prowl and I was it’s easy prey.
Amidst all the chaos we changed houses. Same housing complex different apartment. This caused a change in view. The same greenery of Arey colony looked very different from the new balcony at the twentieth floor. Nest as the name suggests are always meant to be changed. Each of them serves a season. This new place struck a deeper cord. In Buddhist teachings, there is always a mention of “View”. Basis of every practice is holding the right “view”. This move changed my view, literally and figuratively.
I realised that every shift becomes more meaningful if you can hold the right view. You can empathise without being pulled into emotional whirlpool. You can step back and watch relationships evolve. You can soak in the joy of watching your fledgling fly. And you can love deeply, without craving. Just like the same green Arey looked like a photo from Coorg when the view shifted. Every change gives us an opportunity to look at things differently. We all educate ourselves, teach ourselves life skills but often forget to train our minds. Lucky are those who gets the opportunity to observe the nature of mind and equip themselves to cope with the internal landscape. I have been blessed to have great Teachers who taught me the basics with utmost care. I am able to keep afloat.
So my dearest reader, peep into your tool kit. See which one will help you survive changes. I can guarantee, your body, your mind, your relationships, your external and internal circumstances will keep shifting. Hold the “View”….a change may land you a greener vista when you really look. Sending you sunshine and cool breeze , so that you can breathe a sigh of content amidst chaos.
Always yours,
Pocket full of life

No comments:
Post a Comment