Hello Dearest Reader,
This week was hectic, I flew across cities travelling thousand miles in a single day, spent few hours with those who call our own and went through a whirlwind of paperwork in government offices to sell off a dream. Dreams are a peculiar phenomenon, they nest in your heart and take shape as time flows. However if you have ever experienced dreaming the same dream with another person, you will know that those dreams though one take two different forms because of two different individual involved. And when the dream becomes too complicated to reside in space-time conundrums, it’s much better to give it up.
Well talking about dreams, takes me to a fabulous weekend lunch, spent with two of my closest friends. They are coming together to build a home out of a dream they both share. It was a heart warming story of love that walked past previous relationships that didn’t work, traversed the social and familial reservations and reached its destiny. I have always wondered, why people tend to characterise love between two humans. I find it lofty and arrogant to colour the purest form of all emotions in the hue of your individual outlook. The world usually have no qualms to typecast it as good, bad or ugly depending on personal perceptions. Even though they are not living the life of the two individuals concerned, do not understand the dynamics of their relationship with life and the world at large.
I had the privilege of growing up in a very liberal family and my father is an exceptional man who has tremendous capacity for looking ahead in time. He always used to tell me, that love is like water. It will take the shape of the container that you pour it in. However it retains its own character and never becomes the container. Now when I look back , I find it profound that he thought of explaining love to a 16 year old girl with such lucidity. I have had my share of falling and failing in love. Parts of me have died inside, but I survived. I have loved deeply, so I know, how beautiful it is. And I have lost too, which gave me glimpses of death. I have a deep reverence for this particular emotion. This one can make life worth living and death equally beautiful as it allows to evade the pain of a broken heart.
Now when I reminisce and see a thousand lives lived, I understand that love is complete unto itself. There are loves which do not have a destination, do not have a future or a past. It just thrives in the present. You love and that’s about it. Your love is not dependent on any reciprocal emotion, nor does it search for an outcome. It neither dreams of a future nor cherishes the memories of past. It breathes in the moment. When transiency is what is permanent in this life, your existence is nothing but a mirage. When you know that you don't seek anything. You just be.
Hoping all of you get your kind of love. Praying that life gives you situations where you abandon apprehensions and love with the freedom of your natural instincts. May your heart be filled with the elixir that makes living every minute worthwhile.
Always yours,
Pocket full of life

No comments:
Post a Comment