Sunday, August 20, 2023

Letter to the Unknown Reader Series I - So be it


 Dearest Reader,

At times prose takes backseat as words don’t come with cohesiveness of a sensible flow. So here I go -

Your happiness is contagious

 And I’m dying inside. 

Your priorities are glaring 

And I’m blinded by them. 

Your life is complete 

While mine remains empty. 

You live life 

And I die death. 

You embrace 

And I let go. 

You smile 

And I shed lonely tears. 

You walk towards your rainbow horizon of dreams 

And I tread the path of dreamless darkness. 

Your heart is filled with hope 

And mine has despair written all over. 

You are a déjà vu which 

I don’t want to relive,

But I have to bear the burden of. 

You are a life lesson, I had already learnt 

And need not repeat.

Shielding myself from the pain, 

Cause your smile will always hold hands 

With my tears,

Such a company I‘d like to avoid. 


I knew this will happen,

Yet hoped for something else. 

I knew it was never meant to be, 

But prayed that it manifests. 

My heart was forever broken 

And soul was empty of life, 

Yet the pain of another falling piece, 

Did hurt a thousand times more….

Re-dying was not as effortless 

As I thought it would be.


Our paths crossed,

But never became one. 

And the gut wrenching pain it inflicted, 

Was like a thousand sins burning you alive. 

You will go your way 

And I will walk mine. 

I will pray fervently, 

Life doesn’t bring us face to face ever. 

I don’t want my remains to watch 

Its destruction again. 


And so she went her way and he his. Star crossed lovers, may they rest in peace.


Always yours,

Pocket full of life

No comments:

Post a Comment