Dearest Reader,
Hope life has treated you well this week.
Today I want to share the Story of 'Twos’ in my life. I am perceived as very out going, extroverted, gregarious and sometimes an exuberant personality. But funnily enough the persona inside, is very different. Over time and life, I had constructed a shield for me. A façade which protects the truth, the ‘Core’. Life treats different people differently and we all develop a defence mechanism to survive. Some go into a shell, some become aggressive, some defensive and some melancholic. I have learnt to shield my ‘Core’ behind the 'Me' I created. The 'Me' which is relentless in its struggle to live a life of joy. A 'Me' who talks straight without mincing words. A 'Me' who will gel well with all and sundry pushing her way through the crowd to make a space. But I know the 'Core' who stands lonely behind the curtain of words, laughter and incessant life energy. A 'Core' who only has two folks from every walk of her life, closest to her. So let me share the story of 'Twos’.
My school days gave me two girls who are my soul sisters. We are thick as thieves and even today share our fanciest dreams and dreariest despairs. As my school days evolved, tuitions became a part of my daily life. In these tuition classes, I forged a friendship with two boys - we were together as we traversed the adolescent years, with fights and heart breaks, career disappointments and love lives. Time and life has engulfed them both and we lost touch over time. As I moved to college, I met 3 girls actually, two of them still form the sacred circle. Thanks to social media. I know if I need them I can reach out. Distance and time does hinder our college day girly chats but we know we are there for each other.
Then started my MBA classes and again I found the magic of 'Two'. This time around, two of my closest friends were two boys from different corners of the city. But we got along like a house of fire. And till today they are a part of my inner circle. The love and camaraderie we share is one of the best gifts life could ever give me. Years after, I met both of them and nothing seemed to have changed. The banter and laughter from those class room benches and evening classes, from chats over steaming momos or arguments over taking notes stayed intact. These boys are an integral part of the ‘Magic of Twos’.
Strangely enough in my career, I have bonded closest with only two folks in every place I worked in. Both the stints in the corporate murky made me come across smart, intelligent and ambitious people. Some became my mentors, some my coach, some my peers and some my competition. However the ‘Magical Two’ never left my side. These two had fought along with me, smiled at my successes and grieved my disappointments. Faught the daily wars as equals with kindness in their hearts.
In my spiritual core I have my Dharma brother and Dharma sister. They guard my soul like soldiers in a battle field. When my mind is not calm, I seek sanctuary in one's household and in other's mind. I navigate this life in this mortal body; my support system, never too far away from me. My favourite mystical ‘Twos’.
When I am surrounded by hundreds, from all walks of life, I am grateful for being protected by my 'Magical Twos' in all the roles I play. They help me to keep my 'Core' intact. The 'Core' where words don't come easily, the 'Core' which sits alone in lonely dark corners inside her mind, on a sunny day. The 'Core', which weeps out her grief when the rain comes pouring from the heavens. The Me who no one knows, because no one dares to dive the acrid , pitch darkness.' Joy', 'Words' and 'Laughter' stands at the gate and stops all who try to enter. It is but protected by the 'Twos'.
I wish you 'Twos', 'Threes' or as many as you want in your soul circle. May you have you angels with invisible wings along your journey. However distorted your 'Core' seem to you, please know it is as beautiful as it can be. Its a creation of the Universe and beauty lies in its imperfection. You have a place and you have a purpose which you fulfill. So walk the walks and enjoy the ride with your magical number.
Stay well. Talk to you on the other side of the week.
Always yours,
Pocket full of life

No comments:
Post a Comment