-So I decided to meet my master-more for my personal and spiritual well being, once again. And as I'm prone to do, I had decided to get going alone. He was a kind and gentle man who gave his smacking life lessons amidst his more serious renditions of tougher spiritual concepts. He had a child like twinkle flashing from his creaky eyes and he laughed at his own jokes with a childlike innocence. Never ever met someone who could make formidable complicated concepts seem easy-peasy and simple principles of life look scary as hell. I learnt from him that being a good human being was a tough job and enjoying simplicity, obnoxiously scary. We tend to believe that these daily mundane morals, are what binds humanity in today's world, but try and look deep. We deviate from them more often than not.
To cut the story short - I was planning to stay in a quaint resort in Sikkim, which would give me easy access to where Rinpoche (master) resided. This is a place where I stayed earlier during a family vacation. Over time, the owner of this place has become more of a friend cum soul sister instead of a mere acquaintance in the journey of life.
However to my deepest sorrow just before my trip, Rinpoche decided to leave us and move on to life beyond, in his usual unsuspecting way. No premonition, no notice, no good byes... just left me at the mercy of my faith, memories and his teachings. My journey to meet him turned into my journey to pay my last respect. From the meagre little that I learnt from him, life lessons are to be cherished and learned from. Hence I went ahead in my solo journey to bid adieu.
The trip gave me back quite a lot of experiences -just like the teachings of Rinpoche. I made a pact with myself to groom my soul so that I can embrace life with all its magnificence.
I bonded with a girl and our soul connect was stronger than life connect. I stayed with a family which seemed my own and spent time with them enjoying the quiet beauty of Bikshthang Heritage Farmhouse.
The resort is a sight to behold. Lovely wooden cottages sat in the shadow of the majestic Kanchejunga, the guardian deity of Sikkim. The infinity pool almost plunged into the Cliffside, with awe inspiring mountain casting reflections on the rippling water. The fluttering prayer flags amidst the lush greenery invited you to tap the calmness within. The home cooked food -sourced from the resort's farm was delicious. I took their famed herbal hot bath-Menchu. It was bone warmingly relaxing and I slept like a baby post that.
And to top it all, my ' Bid adieu' trip turned to 'I'm always around' trip. By some uncanny miracle, when I reached Gangtok to pay my respect, it never seemed like it is my last one. Rinpoche's calming presence engulfed me in its completeness.
I still don't know if this story is of my stay at Bikshthang Heritage Farmhouse or is it of Rinpoche. The connect weaves magic cause Kahlonsharpe family of Bikshthang brought me close to Rinpoche and Rinpoche got me closer to the family.
If you ever lack a place where your self can stand stark in front of you- try Bikshthang Heritage Farmhouse. The people, the place, the aura rarely will dissapointed you.
No comments:
Post a Comment